What would you like to see?

Evicting tenants

Landlord & Tenant


  • We like to get feedback on our level of service. At the end of your matter we will ask you to complete a client satisfaction survey.
  • We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and members of the Law Society and South Cheshire Chamber of Commerce

Years of history

Hibberts Solicitors offer first class legal advice for residential landlords

The law is heavily weighted in favour of the tenant and a landlord needs fast, clear and pragmatic advice. If you have taken advice on the creation of your tenancy you should have the correct paperwork in place.

If you haven’t then you face a struggle.

For instance, did you know that if you fail to register the deposit within 30 days or provide a Deposit Certificate (if your chosen scheme issues one) and the terms and conditions of the scheme, the tenant has an automatic right to ask for the return of the deposit and up to three times that amount as a penalty?  You are also unable to issue proceeding based on “no fault” until you return the deposit.

If you don’t provide a copy of the Gas Safe Certificate, Energy Performance Certificate or the How to rent Guide you may not be able to regain possession of your property unless the tenant breaks the terms of the Agreement.

The most common issue for landlords is rent arrears. In a straightforward case we can usually secure you possession in 10-12 weeks.

Many years of experience acting for both landlords and tenants in the problematic area of possession proceedings allow our team to ensure you receive the right advice when you need it to secure your property.

We can offer fixed fees (for undefended proceedings) which include all the drafting and issuing of proceedings as well as drafting witness statements and attending court with you.


of clients would recommend us