John is Head of the Agriculture Department and qualified as a Solicitor in 2001 having attended Staffordshire University Law School.
John says “Our role in the agricultural department is unique in that it involves agricultural law with business, property, and estate planning. It is very interesting and rewarding.
In 2016, John became a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association by completing the examinations in London.
John attends annual specialist conferences and continual profession development courses to keep up to date with the latest legal developments.
Area of Expertise
John specialises in Agricultural Law and Residential and Commercial Property. He is a team member of the Quality Conveyancing Scheme and a member of the Agricultural Law Association.
He has experience in:
- The acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold residential and commercial property; including representing property developers and investors
- The granting and renewal of business premises leases – Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Property finance, including secured lending and pension fund transactions
- Acquisitions and disposal of residential nursing care homes
- Secured institutional lending
- Commercial and industrial design and build procurement
- Purchasing and selling farms and estates
- Agricultural tenancies
- Farm business tenancies
- Succession rights
- Farm partnerships
- Succession planning
- Sporting, fishing and drainage rights
- Land law
- Options and overage
- Common Agricultural Policy
In his spare time John enjoys spending time with his family and friends, running, reading and movies.